This Atom is Revolutionizing Technology
Applied Voice & Speech Technologies, Inc. (AVST), a unified communications vendor to bring voice, mobility and business process solutions to the enterprise, recently introduced its unconventional expansion on unified communications, the CX-Series 8.5. This release includes the enterprise-class CX-E solution and the CX-S solution, which is designed to work with small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs).
"CX-Series 8.5 is our most comprehensive UC offering to date, and directly answers the call for greater mobility, faster communications and support for cloud-based applications," Tom Minifie, Chief Technology Officer for AVST said. "Mobility, cloud and context-aware UC are the major communications trends impacting enterprises today, and this release enables our customers to stay at the forefront of these trends."
AVST wanted to enhance business user experience by providing them with a highly advanced and capable tool that “picks up where consumer-class services like Siri leave off,” President of consulting firm Verge1, Dave Michels, said.
The CX-Series 8.5 comes with the following new features:
- Multilingual Speech Recognition: Multiple speech recognition languages are now supported to deliver speech-enabled automated attendant and personal assistant capabilities;
- Federated Presence: Integration with Microsoft Lync, Exchange and Office 365 and Google Apps to announce to callers a user's availability and expected return time;
- Google Apps: Enhanced support for Google Apps including integration to contacts, calendaring and unified messaging;
- Location-Based Services: The AVST mobile client can send a user's location to the CX server to automate changes in personal availability based on location;
- Mobile System Administration: A new Web-based system administration application enables CX system administrators to perform key administrative functions from their mobile phones and tablets;
- Federated Identity: CX Web PhoneManager now supports single sign-on with Microsoft Active Directory.
While these features are exciting, the CX-Series 8.5’s key element is AVST’s new individual unified communications productivity tool called Atom. Atom is essentially a 24/7 personal assistant that understands the context of any individual’s business situation.
Atom has the ability to learn a user’s context, such as location, through geo-awareness inside the mobile client or scouting the nearest Wi-Fi network and then syncing with a user’s calendar and instant messaging presence status. This process in turn enables Atoms to use this information to optimize call routing.
AVST’s established reseller channels worldwide now provide the CX-Series 8.5 for users. You can access more information about AVST and its products by visiting the company website, www.avst.com.
Edited by Rachel Ramsey