Unified Communications Featured Article

Diverse Technology Solutions Lands Voitual to Augment UC Operations


March 14, 2016

Diverse Technology Solutions (DTS) got just a little more diverse recently thanks to its acquisition of Voitual, a Delray Beach, Florida firm that specializes in cloud-based voice over Internet protocol (VoIP) telephone services. A newly-formed company arose as a result, and prompted some changes that could amplify DTS' position in the market.

Reports noted that, following the acquisition of Voitual, a new company would be formed known as DTS VOIP LLC. This company would acquire all of Voitual's assets, and rebrand Voitual's Hosted PBX Voice over IP service to DTS-VOIP.  That in turn would put another cloud-based product into DTS' already extensive arsenal of cloud-based offerings.

The value of the deal wasn't immediately disclosed, but under its terms, DTS has purchased a 51 percent stock ownership position, leaving Voitual's founding partners control of 49 percent. With the 51 percent, DTS also got the Voitual client base, the infrastructure supporting the services, and the intellectual property the company has generated so far.

DTS had already seen quite a bit of growth in cloud services, according to word from DTS chief technology officer Ken Blume. Cloud service revenue was up 300 percent over the last two years, and so, the move to provide another cloud-based service made some sense there. With the combined efforts of DTS and Voitual, a new cloud-hosted unified communications-as-a-service (UCaaS) option could be brought into play. Further, since cloud services make up 65 percent of DTS revenue, adding a cloud-hosted voice system just made sense.

Since DTS already had a pronounced cloud business operating, augmenting that system with a new service that ran on a similar cloud basis was a rational move. There was already clearly a market for what DTS was offering in terms of cloud-based operations, so with a new cloud-based tool to offer it could go immediately back to its customer base with a new product to offer. Not everyone would take it, in all likelihood, but there would probably be enough interest to make it worthwhile. Plus, with Voitual's customer base in hand, that's a whole slew of new contacts to interest in the rest of the DTS package. Since Voitual's customer base was there for cloud-based VoIP anyway, why wouldn't there be interest in the rest of the cloud services? DTS can now not only work both sides of the operation in different markets—DTS operates out of New York—but can potentially spread to a good part of the East Coast with a complete slate of solutions.

This was likely a good move on DTS' part, and though we won't see the full impact of this move for a while yet, it's still likely to come out with a lot of new sales and some new profitability for DTS.






Request a Quote
Become a Partner

Featured Blog

Millennials and Technology – "I want it now"

The millennial generation, also known as individuals born between the years of 1980 and 2000, are a group of highly collaborative adults estimated to account for roughly 75% of the global workforce by the year 2025...

4 Steps to safely enter 2016 with Fusion and leave your old provider behind

Enough is enough! You can't tolerate the dropped calls, the complaints from upper management, and the slow response time from customer service. You saw the signs of the breakup all along, and now it's time to move onto something new...

Practical Benefits of a Unified Communications System

The business world of is rapidly changing thanks to the technological advancements of recent years...