Saudi Zain signs telecom infrastructure supply contracts worth SAR 4.5 bln [Mubasher (Saudi Arabia)]
(Mubasher (Saudi Arabia) Via Acquire Media NewsEdge) Saudi Mobile Telecommunications Co. (Saudi Zain) said in a bourse
statement that it signed telecommunications infrastructure supply
contracts at a total value of SAR 4.5 billion, as follows:
1. Details of the deal: A turnkey project to be delivered over three years,
providing Zain with a state of the art modern network to cope with the
ever growing demand of data communication.
2. Significant conditions to the deal: Timely delivery of project components
with quality, according to the agreed schedules over three phases.
3. The deal parties: Huawei, Nokia, NEC Corporation, Cisco Systems
International, Alcatel Lucent and Zain.
4. Method of financing the deal: Using the company's own financial resources.
5. Details of main asset operations: The latest 4G/LTE and mobile broadband
infrastructure including radio access, transmission, core network, IP
backbone and Internet gateway equipment. The purchased assets will enhance
and expand Zain current network in terms of coverage and capacity for
voice and data services.
6. Deal reasons: To enhance the competitiveness of Zain network, providing
Zain customers with a superior customer experience in a more cost
7. Expected impact on the company operations: Network coverage will increase
to 96%, the network capacity and performance will be significantly
improved. Zain will be able to capture more traffic, generate more
revenues and optimize costs.
It is worth mentioning that this agreement will start from June 25, 2014 and
will be in effect for three years, and the company management expects the
financial impact to start during third quarter of 2014.;
All Rights Reserved - Mubasher Info
(c) 2014 Provided by SyndiGate Media Inc. (Syndigate.info).
[ Back To Unified Communications 's Homepage ]