Research and Markets Adds Report: Analysis of the Global Web Conferencing Market: Web Meetings Morph Into Collaborative Workspaces Extending Market Reach
Jan 22, 2013 (Close-Up Media via COMTEX) --
Research and Markets has announced the addition of Frost & Sullivan's new report "Analysis of the Global Web Conferencing Market: Web Meetings Morph Into Collaborative Workspaces Extending Market Reach" to its offerings.
In a release, Research and Markets noted that report highlights include:
The demand for web conferencing has increased significantly as companies seek greater savings on travel costs and look to implement efficient collaboration across geographically dispersed teams. Improved user experiences and expanded use cases are further driving adoption. Mobility, social media, and video are reshaping how web conferencing will be used in the future. This analysis provides web conferencing providers and their partners with a detailed analysis of the current and changing dynamics in the fast-evolving marketplace.
Points from the Executive Summary
- Web conferencing solutions are morphing from point meeting applications to social and collaborative workspaces that offer end-to-end meeting and project-management capabilities integrated with presence and multi-modal communications. With this shift the market is seeing the emergence of larger collaboration products that will be integrated with business applications and processes.
- User demand for web conferencing is growing at a strong pace, indicating that web conferencing is going mainstream. However, deeper discounts, bundled sales, and integration with other communication products are leading to lower revenue per unit resulting in a subdued revenue growth.
- Recent developments in web conferencing have focused on three key trendssocial, mobile, and video. These trends are increasingly getting intertwined along with a continued focus on improving the user experience.
- As more customers upgrade their core instant messaging (IM) and presence capabilities in unified communications (UC) clients to value-add applications like audio and web conferencing, the on premises market will grow at a faster pace.
- A stronger push by major UC vendors such as Microsoft and IBM for their customer premises equipment (CPE) solutions and the announcement by Cisco to offer a CPE version of WebEx are other reasons why we expect to see greater growth in on-premises solutions.
- Among the key applications for web conferencing, sales, marketing, and training remain most widely used. Use for general-purpose meetings (strategy development, administration, project management) has gone up due to the spread of web conferencing among a larger user base within organizations.
- SMBs are the next big opportunity for web conferencing vendors. The low end of the market is increasingly getting saturated with low-priced and freemium offerings (such as AnyMeeting) which have garnered a big user base. Several large vendors now offer freemium services to better penetrate SMBs.
((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com))
[ Back To Unified Communications 's Homepage ]