Covering Unified Communications - From Our Industry Experts
- Unified Communications Week in Review: Juniper Networks, AT&T, Unified Inbox
It's the end of another week, and time to take a look at some of the top unified communications stories we've been following this week.
- Top Five Tips and Tricks to Master Video Conference Meetings
As more and more companies are saving time and money by moving to video conference platforms, employees have to adapt to the virtual environment. There are a few things to take into consideration when implementing video conferencing in your office.
- How SocialGrow Will Help Drive Unified Inbox's Unified Communications Plan
Recently, Unified Inbox announced that it had acquired SocialGrow, a firm that offered up a new breed of social networking application. This acquisition brought with it an exciting new proposition in unified communications (UC) that should serve to give Unified Inbox users a lot more utility in the field, as well as a much simpler means to stay in touch.
- Phone Service Provider to Deploy Unified Communication Platform for Shell
Communications provider AT&T has announced that it will migrate Shell employees to a new unified communications platform over the next five years.
- Juniper to Provide Critical Hardware for BroadSoft's Global BroadCloud Data Centers
The mass migration by individuals and organizations to the cloud is responsible for the growth of data centers around the world. These facilities require technology that ensures they'll be up and running 24 hours a day with low failure rates, therefore every component must be of the highest quality to make this possible. Juniper Networks, provider of routing, switching, security and software technology for networks, announced BroadSoft has deployed its routing, switching and security products, as well as Juniper Networks Support for its BroadCloud platform.
- Blue Jeans Collaborates with Tely Labs for Building Affordable Video Cloud Conferencing Systems
Blue Jeans Network, a provider of interoperable cloud-based video collaboration services, is working with Tely Labs, a provider of affordable of video conferencing systems, in order to design and develop a new video collaboration tool that caters to the requirement of small and medium businesses.
- Unified Communications Week in Review: Masergy, Mitel, Vodafone
It's the end of another week, and time to take a look at some of the top unified communications news.
- SMBs Can and Should Join the Video Era
For decades industry observers, me included on occasion, have declared, "Next year will be the year of enterprise video conferencing!" Unfortunately, like the play Waiting for Godot, the question as they years have gone by is, "When will it ever come?"
- You Really Can't Afford to Wait on a UC Deployment Any Longer
The time for your organization to not just consider but deploy state-of-the-art UC is now. The reasons are manifest. In fact, the benefits are demonstrable based on numerous use cases. I mention this not just based on anecdotal conversations, but on hard facts. The facts that you need to consider if you have lingering questions as to whether UC should be in your immediate future.
- Vodafone's Cloud Based UC Solution Debuts in the UK
In an effort to expand its clientele among the U.K.'s large private and public sector players, Vodafone UK has expanded its One Net unified communication (UC) solution portfolio.
- Mitel Recognized in Gartner's Visionaries Quadrant
Gartner, Inc. the world's premier information technology research and advisory company, recently positioned Mitel in the Visionaries quadrant of the latest Magic Quadrant for Unified Communications as a Service.
- Masergy Releases Cloud-Based Analytics for Enterprise Unified Communications
Ensuring your unified communications (UC) system is running at full speed is a key component of its ongoing use. While no company wants its UC system to experience periods of downtime, often VoIP and UC quality issues can be hard to pin down, much less to resolve.
- Unified Communications Week in Review: Alcatel-Lucent, MegaPath, IDC
It's the end of another week, and time to take a look at some of the top stories in the world of unified communications.
- Videoconferencing Hardware Vendors Shifting Gears, Embracing Software
Recent news suggests that the videoconferencing market is seeing both increased interest in software and video management technologies alongside a multi-year slide in revenue. This mix of fortunes is causing some veteran vendors to reconsider their positions in the market to try to keep pace with startups that are making headway with software-based approaches.